Samstag, 4. April 2015

DIY distressed Mickey Mouse shorts

Happy Saturday everybody. Once again nap time for Liam turned into crafting time for mommy. I got him some $4.49 denim shorts at JC Penney and now see what I did to them. Do you love them or nah ?


1. You will need: A pair of denim shorts/pants, textile scissors, tweezers and that little cutter thing you see on my picture. It came with my Ikea sewing machine.


2. Take your shorts/pants and decide on a area you want to distress. Use your textile scissors to cut 3 holes. TRY not to cut the white threads.


3. Pull out the blue threads in the areas between your cuts.


4. Looking at this picture, do you know what I mean by loosening up the top and bottom of your hole ? Yes ? That's what you do next.



5. Next I printed out Mickey Mouse's head shape and cut out a sponge to match it. Soak that Mickey sponge in Clorox and place on a area of your choice.



6. And all done ! This is how Liam's turned out. I'm probably still going to work on the edges a little but you'll see it in a outfit soon enough. What do you think ? 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen