Donnerstag, 25. Juni 2015

On a budget






I feel like as a single mom budgeting is a constant topic. Although I try to lower the price tags on both mine and Liam's stuff I must admit that I more often turn the dime twice when it comes to things I buy for myself. I'm very lucky that I know my way around when it comes to saving on name brand articles. Especially because I really want us to look fashionable and up to date. Also I must admit that budgeting is somehow fun and in the end I'm always very proud that I could save on pieces others paid double for or that my money bought more than others could. Whichever way you want to put it. I just ordered this beautiful pair of Andrew Stevens shoes for only $5. Feels great to know that the original price tag says $149 and I know I'm getting a quality shoe. Here are some tips for a full and stylish closet (or toy box) and wallet.

1) Retailmenot. This app for your phone is wonderful. It alerts you about coupons as soon as you enter a mall or store (or even just get close to one). Open the app, choose a store and select/open the coupon. Show it to the cashier and... you are very welcome !

2) Groupon. I use Groupon for many things: clothing, shoes, toys or even hotels and activities around the city.

3) Don't be so set on one specific item (when it comes to fashion). I often see things I fall in love with but if I can't afford it, I'm not going to try and cut back on other more important things. What I do is, I just check all my discounted sources (Groupon, Ebay, Nordstrom Rack etc.) for similar pieces. I usually find something similar that I can love just as much.

4) Oh and of course.. DIY. If you are creative and are a crafty person don't be lazy. You can safe so much money by using scissors and your hot glue machine to decorate a party or even your kids' bed/play rooms.

Try it ! By the end of the month you will definitely see a change on your bank statements.

Bis bald,

Michelle

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen