Donnerstag, 25. Juni 2015

Bilingual


 

Liam's shoes are obviously Nike's. He is wearing GAP shorts, a JCP tank top and a Epic Threads shirt. You can't see them but his socks are super cute Mickey Mouse socks. I love them !

Doesn't life get so much easier once they are able to respond to what you are saying ? Once they are old enough to decide if they want/like something or not ? Once they are able to actually say yes or no ? Ha ! I finally see light at the end of the tunnel. I'd rather argue with him and know that he understands what I'm saying than possibly talk to a brick wall.
Liam needed a little more time to start talking than some other kids I know. He was always on the louder side but didn't actually build words. The reason could be that Liam is learning 2 languages at the same time. German and English. He hears everybody at home speak German and is used to hearing English on TV, the radio and everywhere else. I must say that the longer I am living in this country the more I mix up my German and English and I can totally hear Liam speak Genglish. Liam is going to have to understand that he is really learning 2 separate languages. We'll see how that goes and I really hope it's not going to be to hard on him.
If anyone has experience with bilingual children feel free to share your story. It would be a huge help for me and other mommas going through this.

Bis bald,

Michelle

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen