Samstag, 4. Juli 2015

Just in case you didn't know



So it is the 4th of July - Americas Independence Day - and I am looking at my son wearing his little tank top with the patriotic stars and stripes smiley on it. It puts a smile on my face. He was born and will be raised in this country and although I was not I feel more and more American.
Just in case you didn't know, not every country on this planet is as proud as you Americans. As us Americans ? My son is an American, that's for sure. He is most certainly going to be one of those people proudly waving his flag during Soccer World Cup games and  singing all those songs that show patriotism. He will love and play American sports and know each and every word of the national anthem and sing it with pride as often as he can. He will think this is is the best of all countries and will appreciate the U.S. Military.
Is this a bad thing ? No, not at all !  Even though I wasn't born in the United Staates of America and clearly don't get or feel some of that stuff that's going on I kind of admire the unity Americans have. Yes, I'm almost jealous. My son is going to be a part of this and yes, I want to try my best to support him and integrate myself. Never forget where you came from but always appreciate and respect the place you decided to live at. The country you chose to make a live and a living in.

Happy Juli 4th, 'Murica ! Happy Independence Day ! 

Bis bald, 

Michelle 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen